Tuesday, December 8, 2009

An entirely new plan


SO, it's been about 5 months since I've updated, and there have been some new developments on the wedding front.

I recently visited the Winterport Winery for a fundraiser for Manna, and I fell in love with their restaurant, Pairings. To the right are a couple of pictures of the inside of the building. I wish I had brought my camera with me, because the images you see here are from their web site and they really don't do the place justice. The top picture is a view taken from the upstairs dining room looking down onto the downstairs dining room, and the bottom picture is of the upstairs dining room itself. They don't have a photo of it on the website, but there is a beautiful staircase and chandelier that takes you between the two places, and it is very wedding ideal. We haven't decided on it yet because Joe hasn't seen the place, but the price is definitely right for what we want to do, and it's simple and gorgeous and classy and has hardwood floors instead of carpeting, which I fully appreciate. For a wedding with 40 guests, we would rent the whole facility and have the ceremony downstairs and the reception upstairs. Additionally there is a pretty good sized room that branches off of the upstairs dining room which is a perfect place for me to get my dress on and prepare to walk down the staircase and down the aisle.

In addition to this new location idea, we're also considering a winter wedding. It occured to me while I was at the winery last week that December, because of its association with christmas and family, makes it a very warm, calming, and joyful time of year. It's perfect for a wedding. And since I have a pretty strong obsession with dark rich colors and bright whites, as well as flowers that bloom during the winter time, it seemed like a great match.

That's my little inspiration board, which is pretty strikingly similar to one I made a year and a half ago, only this one involves darker, richer forest greens instead of bright, bold limey greens. I think for a winter evening wedding, these images are perfect. I imagine myself carrying the purple calla lilies with whisps of pine or fern, and then the bridesmaids would be in dark purple with the white bunch of flowers. Purple tablecloths on squre tables, with square shallow vases and large white peonies with greenery and tea lights sets the perfect mood, I think. I've even sold Joe on wearing a similar tux :)

One last thing: The silver and diamond wedding band I posted about over the summer isn't going to be my wedding band anymore. Joe wants our bands to match, and I agree with him. He bought me the ring anyway, though, because I liked it so much. It will just stay on my right hand instead.

We're thinking of something along the lines of these silver and gold tetris rings because of our shared love of the classic video game. I worry about having to resize them in the future, though, so I've suggested plain silver bands, each with a different interlocking tetris shape engraved on the inside. We'll have to see how that pans out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The tetris ring wedding bands are the best idea ever. APPROVED.

Also: http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1924722

Julie said...

YES to the Tetris wedding band... I heart them.

alicia bane said...

yes! someone posted the same video on my facebook. LOVE IT.

i'm glad you both approve