Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wedding band!


This is my wedding band. It's 14 karat white gold with three diamonds. My mom found it at a yard sale last summer and it's been in the antique booth for the past month or two. Every time mom and dad bring it home from the booth, I snag the box and gawk at it. I just think it's so pretty and unique and my style. So finally, after looking on etsy at billion wedding band designs, I got the idea to use it as a wedding band. I showed it to Joe and he thought it was pretty, so when it gets closer to the time of the wedding we're going to get a custom ring made for him that matches - maybe a thicker white gold band with the same swirl design etched into it. We'll see.

The one thing I don't like about the ring is the peg settings. I am now and will forever be a bezel-setting girl. We're going to get all of the diamonds not only bezel set, but lowered so the ring doesn't snag on things as easily.

I'm pretty psyched about the ring. I love it. I thought I had decided to get a special ring made that looks like a ring my Memae gave to my mother a number of years ago, but ultimately decided I wanted something new and different. I've looked at so many ring designs and haven't liked any of them nearly as much as I like this one. To give you some impression of how many rings I've looked at, here is a screen shot of the bookmark file I have just for wedding band ideas.


Yowza.

2 comments:

Joseph Bane said...

I do really like the ring! I wonder what mine will look like?

alicia bane said...

We'll have to see when the time comes! :)