Thursday, July 24, 2008

flower ideas & bridesmaid's dresses update!

I want the bridesmaids to carry white and green flowers and the groomsmen to wear the white calla lily boutonnieres, since that will look nice with purple dresses and vests.

FYI, my mom saw my black bridesmaids dresses post and thought that black dresses would look too funeral-ish, and I kind of agree ... especially considering I want to use calla lilies, which are a common funeral flower. Basically I decided to keep the plan of having Claire and Julie each pick whichever cut and style they want for their dresses, but we'll just buy them from the same designer/dressmaker so that they will be the same purple fabric. Problem solved!

Anywho, I want to carry purple, white and green flowers since my dress will be white (or off-white) and to have Joe wear a purple calla lily boutonniere. Also, the top middle picture is an idea for the flowers on each table. Another idea is the pretty photograph to the right that I found at theknot.com. It's a low square vase filled with dark purple flowers and those gorgeous green orchids I'm obsessed with. Floating on the bottom of each vase are some halved limes, as well as some more green orchids. I think the limes are a really fun idea, especially for an outdoor summer wedding. I've also always loved the look of submerged orchids, and the asian-inspired look is also perfect since we'll be having sushi :)

No comments: