Sunday, July 20, 2008

The song

Joe and I finally have a song we both love that means something to us. "I believe (love is the answer)" by Blessed Union of Souls.

The important thing to remember here is that the band was pretty awesome until "Hey Leonardo" came out.

I put "I Believe" on a mix cd for Joe a number of years ago, because I loved the song. He hadn't listened to the cd for quite some time, then when he picked me up for dinner the other day he happened to be playing it. We were driving home from dinner when the song came on and I started singing along with it, making Joe become more aware of the lyrics, and we both agreed that it would be a perfect first dance song.

There is a bit of a mush factor involved, which I am totally aware of. I tend not to be super mushy by nature, besides the cutsie nicknames I have for Joe (sweet honey lamb, baby cakes, sugar pie, etc.) which are partly mush and partly joke, but I came to realize that there are very few directions to go in when it comes to the first dance as husband and wife. You either have to be mushy, do a quirky jokey first dance, do the first dance to a random love song that doesn't have meaning to the couple, or don't have a first dance at all.

Not having the first dance wasn't an option, and neither was a random love song. We could have done a quirky jokey one, because we have enough silly songs out there that we've danced to or seen in our favorite movies and tv shows, but I think we both agreed that the first dance thing was going to be a very sweet and sentimental moment for us. I'm happy with our choice.

P.S. You can find the song and video on youtube if you want, but I'll warn you, the video is pretty awful. It's a song from 1995, after all.

4 comments:

Julzies said...

*ahem*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=34unOIhXJwo&feature=related

I think this is perfect.
Memories Attached.

(this really has nothing to do with your wedding... but hey... Song... whatever. Thought you would enjoy it!)

Anonymous said...

holy CRAP i just saw a little live clip from a concert...
UM
i can play that song on the piano because i loved it so FIERCELY when i was 9 that i made my piano teacher show me.
funny.

why is it "blessid" and not "blessed"? does that mean something?

rora said...

CAUSE I MISS YOU BABE
AND I DON'T WANNA MISS A THING

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH DON'T WANNA CLOSE MY EYES
AAAAAAAHDON'T WAAAAAAANNAAAAFAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL ASLEEP, YEAH... DON'T WANNA MISS A THING.

Joseph Bane said...

Laura: NO. JUST NO.