Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bridesmaids

The more I think about bridesmaids dresses, the more I've come to realize that I can't chose a dress style that would fully compliment both Julie and Claire because they have two very different body types. Julie is in the process of losing weight right now, but even when she is thinner they will have vastly different bust-to-hip proportions. Rather than try to chose a bland, neutral style that will fit them both, I'd like to have them each pick out their own dress to wear to the wedding. Any neckline, silhouette and waistline they'd like, as long as it is knee length, black, and without any distracting embellishments (since they will each be holding flowers and wearing pretty jewelry.)

Initially I wanted eggplant colored bridesmaids dresses, but ultimately decided against it. I think it would be really difficult for Claire and Julie to chose their own dresses if they needed to make sure they were each the exact same shade of purple, so black is a good solution. I love black because it's chic, easily re-wearable, and slimming. I plan to get a cute little black dress to put on after the ceremony / wedding photos / first-dance-as-a-couple / father-daughter-dance to make the rest of the reception and dancing as comfortable as possible.

2 comments:

Julzies said...

I love love LOVE the sweetheart lined dresses... I would think that would be absolutly adorable. When I think of the "perfect dress" for me, I would think that the middle one would work -- but I'd have to see once I've lost some weight how much my boobs change... too big and the strapless wont hold up - but hopefully that's what I can get!

Zarebski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.