Sunday, November 30, 2008

I haven't posted in 3 months!

Once school started, Joe and I pretty much stopped talking about wedding plans. I also stopped working out at that point. I haven't gained any of the weight back that I've lost, but I definitely need to get moving again.

In terms of wedding plans, a lot has changed.

We decided against the Memae's house plan. We decided that we want something a little more unique to us. Memae's is great and all, but it's also a place that I've been to a million times. We want the place we get married to be "the place we got married," not "the place we got married and also where Alicia spent a good amount of her childhood." It seems too one-sided. Memae's is my place, not our place.

We also decided that we don't want it to be in Bangor, because unfamiliar places are exciting and have a sort of magic to them. It will make the whole experience less ordinary, I feel.

Because of these changes, we're back to the original plan of a small 25-30 person wedding, with a giant barbeque where everyone is invited a few days before the actual ceremony. I still want a night wedding, but it doesn't necessarily have to be in summer. It's less expensive to have a wedding in the off -season, so we're thinking April.

Click to enlarge!

On the Marsh restaurant is a place we're both very excited about. It's gorgeous, has amazing food, is within our price range and includes a beautiful garden outside where we can have the ceremony.

We can rent our own seperate room within the restaurant for a reception where everybody gets a seated 3 course meal (plus they provide a wedding cake) for about $2800, including tax and service fees.

We're going to check it out sometime over winter break, then hopefully I'll have more stuff to post about. :)

No comments: