Friday, June 12, 2009

Yard Sales! Again!

Tomorrow is yet another yard sale day. I'm going at it alone. I'm staying clear of Bangor because it can get pretty vicious at 8am. I'm starting in Hampden and then going to Hermon, perhaps hitting Bangor sales mid-morning when things have calmed down a bit.

Mom has told me some horror stories. She's gotten pushed and shoved at Bangor yard sales when she goes early. People have grabbed stuff out of her hands. People will look at what you're carrying and say "hey, can I look at that?" and snatch it away.

The trick is not worrying about being a bitch, and pick up everything that catches your eye, even if you aren't sure if you want it. Pick everything up that looks even a little interesting, then look through what you're carrying after you've scanned all the tables. You can always put things back down, but if you hesitate someone can pick up something right in front of you. I saw a gorgeous amethyst necklace last weekend and someone took it as I was considering picking it up. I learned my lesson.

ANYWAY hopefully I'll find some cool stuff tomorrow. I'll post sometime in the afternoon.

No comments: